December Greetings and Events
FROM THE PASTOR
“Prepare the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.”
Isa. 40:3, Mk 1:3
Come celebrate the New Year early! Of course, I’m talking about the new church year. It begins Sunday, December 3rd with the season of Advent. The Season of Advent is not simply a countdown to Christmas – although I remember counting down the candles each week when I was a child – the Season of Advent is the time of waiting for Christ to come into our dark world.
The focus of Advent typically is remembering Christ’s first coming, but during Advent we also look forward to Christ’s return! For all who are in Christ this is good news! He is returning; you will stand before Him, I will as well. We are to be ready for His return at any time and we live in readiness as we abide in Him through worship, reading the Scriptures, prayer, and fellowship with believers.
On the 10th our choir will perform the Cantata – One of Us. The choir will be performing at the 9:00 and the 11:15 service. The 11:15 time makes it possible for Christians in Williston with other church homes to hear our excellent choir – feel free to invite a friend, or three!
The remaining weeks of December, there will be just
one 9:00 AM service in the morning. This means
we can all worship together at the same time!
- On the 17th our Sunday School children will be presenting their Christmas program. The children’s program is a highlight of every Christmas season!
- The morning of the 24th is the Fourth Sunday of Advent and the last Service before Christmas Eve.
- Christmas Eve Worship, Sunday, the 24th at 5:00 PM
- New Year’s Eve will also fall on a Sunday and there will be one service at 9:00.
There are of course many other events in December!
- Decorating the Church on December 3rd after the Relay for Life auction and lunch.
- Tuesday Evening Midweek Advent Worship at 7:00 PM in the chapel.
- Living Nativity. We will present this downtown at Broadway and Main on the 7th between 5 and 8 PM. We will also present it on the 17th and the 20th at
6:30 PM on the south lawn in front of our sanctuary.
- Caroling! You can join a group of Carolers on either Saturday the 16th at 2:00 PM at Bethel, or Tuesday the 19th also at 2:00 (we will be singing at Briarwood 2 then 1, Golden Estates, and Arbor House).
- Art of the Nativity. We are opening our doors to the community once again as we host this community Nativity exhibit.
- On the 10th our Women of Life will have their Christmas event and that same day our Youth will celebrate their 3rd annual Christmas Dinner.
These are just a few of many opportunities for us to worship Him and fellowship together. They can all be viewed on our website, www.orlcwilliston.org.
Also, if you have a friend who does not have a church home, I encourage you to invite them.
Pastor Steve Lundblom